making life sound sweet again. Call:920.278.7285
Our counseling exists to help you find health, joy and courage in the face of life's concerns. People can relate deeply with one another, thrive in their own skin and engage with life. Sometimes we just need help to do that. Needing help, or simply wanting more from life, you are very welcome here.
In a supportive, safe place you can come and sort through life. We are made to love and connect, living life to the full as intended. Working from a relational perspective we will collaborate with you as we explore the nature of your problem, knowing that many things can contribute. Together we find what is blocking your path, discover better solutions and enable you to experience something new. Counseling can include, exploration, practical symptom reduction skills, making goals, trying out solutions and engaging with yourself in new and exciting ways.
Paul Loosemore, LPC
Paul has worked with individuals, couples and groups to help them restore vitality to life. He looks to join you as you explore and expand your options and overcome obstacles.
- Gottman Method Trained to Level 3
- Sexual Addiction Specialist
- EMDR Therapist
- Attachment and Interpersonal Focus
Samantha Schlepphorst, LPC
Samantha works with adults, teens and children. She seeks to empower and support you as you make the changes you long for.
- Specialized in Anxiety treatment
- Integrates DBT skills and training
- Play therapy for children
- Attachment and developmental focus
Spencer has a deep appreciation for the human heart and the complexity of our problems. He builds deep relationships with clients to help them sort through symptoms and expand solutions.
- Interpersonal focus
- Men's issues, depression, anxiety, more
- Attachement oriented
Go to the contact page and either call or email requesting an appointment. We will get back to you asap, keep your details confidential and give you all the further information you will need.
We ask for each session to be paid for as it concludes. You can pay by cash, check or card. You can always ask for a receipt.
Fees range from $30-$90 per session. Some discounts can be given. Please contact us for information about this.
No problem. We ask that you cancel with 48 hrs notice for non-emergency reasons. To cancel, call or email.
If you cancel within 48 hrs for non-emergency, then you will be charged the full rate for the session at the start of your next visit.
This will depend on the nature of your goals and concerns. Counseling can really vary in length, but we trust you will find the time you invest into yourself with your St. Louis Counselor highly rewarding.
We are accredited by the MO committee for professional counselors. Paul's license: #2015030525.
Many people feel anxious when beginning counseling. Talking about personal issues can be daunting, but a good counselor should have practices to help you feel settled:
- Intake forms: For accurate records, HIPPA compliance and initially getting to know you.
- Consent forms: Standard practice documenting your agreement to counseling services.
- Notice of privacy and practice rights: This is about your rights and how they are specifically assured.
- Client files: Kept in a locked, secure place.
- Counseling sessions: Are often 50 minutes and scheduled weekly or biweekly. Also included behind the scenes in our work is session planning and treatment planning to provide the best experience we can for you.
Counseling starts out with you letting us know your goals and concerns. From here we will work together to set goals, find a working style that suites you and fill out some context for our counselor to work with. There is also some initial paperwork you will be guided through.
The first 2 sessions are usually "assessment", but we will start to address troubling symptoms immediately. The third session is a transition to working towards your goals and concerns.