Hear hope & feel change
We are here for you. Needing help, relief, craving change, or simply wanting more, you are welcome here. We will join you in supportive, nonjudgmental, effective, and safe relationship. Together we can maximize your work, and your life can head in directions you had only dreamt of.
Counseling specialties in trauma (developmental and acute), DBT, couples, EMDR, sexual struggles, relationships, depression, anxiety, attachment, and more.
Hope & Change are not just concepts. They are experiences that are generated in collaborative relationships that are steeped in trust, freedom and support. Our experience and training helps you move to where you want to go.
Our trusted St. Louis counselors
Paul Loosemore, LPC
- Certified Gottman Couples Therapist
- Sexual Addiction Specialist
- EMDR Therapist
- Attachment and Interpersonal Focus
Samantha Schlepphorst, LPC
- Specialized in Anxiety treatment
- Integrates DBT skills and training
- Play therapy and Attachment focus
- Interpersonal focus
- Men's issues, depression, anxiety, more
- Attachement oriented
Courtney Loosemore, CIT
Counseling Services in St Louis
- Depression and Anxiety
- Sexual Struggles
- Relationship Difficulties
- Grief and Loss
- Borderline Personality
- Emotional distress
- Anxiety and depression
- Relational concerns
- ADHD/ADD & DBT
- Divorce or Separation
- Marriage intensives
- Sexual Addictions
- Confusion and help
- Anxiety and depression
- DBT skills
- Internet/sex addiction
Contact us now to find your counselor,
or for more information
Answers to common questions
How do I make an appointment?
Go to the contact page and either call or email requesting an appointment. We will get back to you asap, keep your details confidential and give you all the further information you will need.
How do I pay for counseling?
We ask for each session to be paid for as it concludes. You can pay by cash, check or card. You can always ask for a receipt.
Fees range from $50-$105 per session. Some discounts can be given. Please contact us for information about this.
What if I need to miss an appointment?
No problem. We ask that you cancel with 48 hrs notice for non-emergency reasons. To cancel, call or email.
If you cancel within 48 hrs for non-emergency, then you will be charged the full rate for the session at the start of your next visit.
How many sessions will I have?
This will depend on the nature of your goals and concerns. Counseling can really vary in length, but we trust you will find the time you invest into yourself with your St. Louis Counselor highly rewarding.
What are your license credentials?
We are accredited by the MO committee for professional counselors. Paul's license: #2015030525.
What can I expect as I begin?
Many people feel anxious when beginning counseling. Talking about personal issues can be daunting, but a good counselor should have practices to help you feel settled:
- Intake forms: For accurate records, HIPAA compliance and initially getting to know you.
- Consent forms: Standard practice documenting your agreement to counseling services.
- Notice of privacy and practice rights: This is about your rights and how they are specifically assured.
- Client files: Kept in a locked, secure place.
- Counseling sessions: Are often 50 minutes and scheduled weekly or biweekly. Also included behind the scenes in our work is session planning and treatment planning to provide the best experience we can for you.
Counseling starts out with you letting us know your goals and concerns. From here we will work together to set goals, find a working style that suites you and fill out some context for our counselor to work with. There is also some initial paperwork you will be guided through.
The first 2 sessions are usually "assessment", but we will start to address troubling symptoms immediately. The third session is a transition to working towards your goals and concerns.